Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Nail Tutorial: Gradient Polka Dots


Today I have a super exciting blog post for you! I will be doing a nail tutorial on these super easy and fun gradient polka dots that I shared on Google+ a little while ago. That being said, you should go follow me on Google+ because I post little bits of info on mine of my upcoming posts. 
So to start, you need:
  • a white polish
  • 2 polishes of your choice
  • a base coat and top coat 
  • 2 different sized dotting tools

So for how to create this super easy and exciting nail art.....
  1. Apply a base coat to protect your nails from staining and keep them healthy.
  2. Paint on 2 coats of your white polish to make it opaque
  3. Get your larger sized dotting tool and dip it into the first colour. Dot a few big dots onto the tips of your nails but don't go too far down the nail.
  4. Clean off the dotting tool and dip it into the other colour. Once again, make large dots on the tips of the nails, layering a few over the other colours. 
  5. After that, grab your smaller dotting tool and go into your first colour, for me it was the teal. Make smaller dots going farther down your nail to create the gradient. 
  6. Next, do the small steps with the other colour. I my case, it was pink.
  7. Lastly, let that dry a little bit and apply a generous amount of top coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment