Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

The post for today will be a review on this foundation I picked up from Rimmel a few weeks ago. This product claims to provide a radiant glow to the skin and have an anti-fatigue effect as well. This is also supposed to set in a natural finish and make your skin look fresh and healthy.

To start, I agree with the claims. It does provide a natural look to the skin once set. It isn't flat looking and matte but it's very dewy. Fresh, dewy skin is in for the summertime so I couldn't have picked this foundation up at a better time. I do have oily skin though and this foundation makes my skin very shiny. To solve this problem touching up with powder throughout the day is a must. For all my dry skinned ladies, this product is targeted towards you but oily skin can pull it off.

Coverage wise, this isn't a heavy duty foundation but it covers minor imperfections and evens out your skin tone. Two important things I would like to touch on are the shade range firstly. There is a very minimal selection to choose from and they all lean very pink and dark. I have the lightest shade 100 Ivory and it's even a little too dark so that is a disappointment. Also some people claim that there are little glitter specs in this foundation. In my opinion, you can definitely see them in the glass bottle but they aren't noticeable on the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment