Saturday, December 20, 2014

How to: Clean your Makeup Brushes (Blogmas Day 20)

Hey guys! Only 5 days left of Blogmas to go!!! Writing every day for you all has been a challenge I must say. Balancing blogging between holiday festivities and other things in my daily life can be a struggle but I always try my best to get it done.

Today I will be sharing with you, my new discovery for cleaning makeup brushes. This dreaded task is my least favourite thing about makeup but it is still a must. Having clean brushes means less breakouts and bacteria that is being put on your face over and over again.

Normally, I wash my brushes using a mild shampoo which can be quite time consuming so here is my new method! ** Drum Roll Please**  A simple bar of soap!!

This is, in my opinion, the easiest way to clean your brushes. You just simply have the water running and you swirl the wet brush around on the bar of soap. The swirling motion breaks down the makeup and the soap rinses out super easily too!

 To dry them, I roll up a few towels and balance them on there. This prevents the water from running up into the base of the brush, which can cause the glue to unstick, making your brushes fall apart.


This method is also great for cleaning beauty blenders and any other makeup sponges you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment