Saturday, January 5, 2013

Product Review: Primers and Bases

Today I am going to be talking to you guys about primers and bases for your eyes. These type of products play an important role in your makeup routine if you would like your eyeshadow to last throughout the day. Lots of the well known primers are from high end companies but I have discovered some that are just as good if not better and they are from the drugstore as well. Keep on reading and I will let you in on my knowledge about eye primers and bases.


Okay so first of all I would like to tell you that you shouldn't always listen to what everyone else says and all the hype. Sometimes, you need to discover your own products that you love. As some of you may know, the largely know primers are like Urban Decay Primer Potion and Two Faced Shadow Insurance. These are both high end products and in my opinion, if there is a better product out there that is cheaper, I would rather spend my money on that.


There is a difference between bases and primers that is easy to tell. Bases are generally colored and are like a cream eyeshadow. Primers on the other hand are like a nude color that blends into your skin. It is also a thinner consistency so it isn't as thick.


My favorite base by far are the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyestudio. This is the similar to a Mac Paint Pot. They offer a high amount of pigmentation and are very easy to blend. I own 2 paint pots and 2 color tattoo's and i almost prefer the maybelline version better. I find them more accessible, more affordable and overall a better product.



My favorite primer for eyes is the Elf Eyelid Primer. I found this at target when I went to the states but I am sure you could buy it in Canada too. This would be like the drugstore version of the urban decay one. This is actually super cheap like around $1 I think. I would recommend this one too.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you post more often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honestly sorry but I don't have much time. I also kind of have these inspiration ruts and get stuck on what to post for you guys. I am glad to know that you are interested and if you have any requests, i would be glad to make a post about that for you.

      Delete