Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Makeup In the Future

Hello everyone! By the time you are reading this post, I am moving!! How exciting?! (and stressful) It hasn't been until now in my life that I realized how much junk I have! Coming soon I will have a blog post all about my purge.. my makeup :( It was super tough for me but with the move, it had to be done.

There are a few things I wanted to address in this post, the first one being my personal style change. When I cleaned out my makeup, I realized how I don't need 6 blushes and 7 foundations. Or 5 mascaras on the go at once and that glittery purple eyeliner from years ago. My desire used to be to have this huge makeup collection that filled a "makeup room" that would be all mine. That dream has changed to now wanting to just have my all time, holy grail products. There is nothing wrong with splurging or spending a little bit on new exciting makeup here and there but I want to narrow down my collection to my necessities.

This change may result in a bit of a change on my blog. Since I will be narrowing my collection down to just my faves, I won't be needing to do a monthy favourites because I will be trying a lot less makeup out. I think it is only fair to keep up with posting a review every Tuesday because those are my favourite posts to make for you guys. I think I have tried enough makeup in my lifetime so far to have enough products to talk about.

Another point I'd like to touch on is that, in the future, I would LOVE to become a freelance makeup artist. As a student right now, I don't really have that option but when all my schooling is done, my goal is to be something in the beauty industry. At first, I always thought I wanted to be a teacher but now that I have been exposed to the makeup world much more, my dreams have changed. I keep telling myself that I could be 'teacher by day, makeup artist by night (and weekend)' hehe :) who knows where life will take me!

Let me know down below what your makeup style is! Do you have your faves and a few fun items? Or do you have a large collection of everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment