Sunday, June 14, 2015

Zumba Classes.... My Newest Obsession?

Hey everyone! How have you all been? Lately, I have picked up a new hobby that has become a new love of mine! ZUMBA!!! 

About 2 months ago, I discovered a Zumba program at a community club in my area. I was going into this looking for something new, that I hadn't tired before but still fitness related... and this my friends, is exactly what I was looking for!

My number one reason I love zumba is the music. It makes zumba feel like you're dancing and you don't even realize the instructor includes a squat or lunge here and there. The music is upbeat and the pace is fast but everyone does their own thing. The important part is to keep moving and keep your heart rate up!

Also, my instructor is super friendly and positive! She will demonstrate a low impact vs. high impact version of a move. For example, jumping up and down with a fist pump, can just be bouncing on the spot and grooving to the music.

Now I obviously haven't lost a ton of weight from this, but that's not what I am looking for. I just wanted something to do to stay active and be fit.

Here is a recent song we have been working on. This isn't my class in the video but these are the moves we follow! Enjoy!






I definitely recommend looking in a leisure guide in your area or something like the YMCA to find out if they offer weekly classes.  

I believe this can be something for everyone! All ages are capable of grooving to some cool music! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment