Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Hey guys! So today I will be doing a review on a liquid lipstick I just picked up. These are the Sephora Cream Lip Stains. I purchased mine for $16 here in Canada but in the U.S. they retail for only $14. They claim to provide beautiful, long-lasting colour and this past week, I put it to the test. 

I bought mine in the shade 13 Marvelous Mauve and as you can see, it is a gorgeous neutral pink with mauve undertones. This colour is totally on trend right now and is a perfect "Kylie Jenner Lip Colour". 

When applied, this is a thin, watery formula that dries down to a very matte finish. Exfoliating your lips before application is a MUST with this product. The matte finish can accentuate dry patches and flaky skin super easily. I also recommend moisturizing with a lip balm before but removing right before application.


Smooth application with great pigmentation





After eating a meal (spaghetti to be exact haha) my lips still looked great! Even after a saucey meal and continuously wiping my mouth during dinner, my lip colour looked awesome! As you can see, it has worn off a little bit in the center of my lips but that is expected. Plus, it is only noticeable when I make a ridiculous kissy face :) 

After meal 

Inside of lips after a meal 


At the end of the day, this lip stain had lasted well over 9 hours. The colour still looked great and it didn't kill my lips while removing. These did however really dry out my lips which is an obvious "turn off" with a lip product.


P.S. I'm looking forward to trying out the Joe Fresh Liquid Lipsticks next, let me know if you have tried them and what your thoughts are.

Talk to you guys soon!
~Mademoiselle Maquillage xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment