Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Spring Staple: The Denim Jacket

Hey guys! Long time no talk! I have been M.I.A for quite a while. As many of you know, I am still a student and unfortunately, school is a priority, therefore blogging has been pushed aside. Today though, I would love to share a brand new item in my wardrobe with you! My new denim jacket!

If I am being honest with you, I haven't always loved the look of a jean jacket. I always associated them with little girls or people living in the past through their vintage jean jacket, until I actually tired one on myself. I guess the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" was completely true in my case, as I fell inlove with my denim jacket!

I purchased my Cropped Denim Jacket from Old Navy here in Canada for around $37. For some, this may seem pricey but I fell in instant love and understand that this is a staple that can be worn with so much, so I would get great use from it.

I originally paired it with a dress I also purchased from Old Navy. And yes, I took a "basic" changeroom selfie #noshame! :)

Throughout all of the looks, I kept the jacket unbuttoned and the sleeves loosely rolled for a more effortless look!


The second way I wore the jean jacket was with some capris leggings and a flowy t shirt blouse. Although, I love the jacket with dresses, if you have a occasion where a dress is not suitable, you could try this outfit! 
The final way I styled the denim jacket was with, of course, a dress again! This is another cotton t shirt dress from Old Navy (can you tell I love shopping there??) that I purchased a few years back. This is a great alternative to throwing a cardigan over a dress during those breezy days or chilly nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment